This guide shows the system requirements, features and overall performance rating of the Norton Antivirus software for Windows. Read below to learn everything you need to know about Norton Antivirus for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
The table below shows the system requirements of Norton Antivirus for Windows:
|Processor Clock Speed||300MHz (or higher)|
|RAM||128MB (256MB recommended)|
|Harddisk Space||150MB Free|
The following browsers are also compatible with Norton Antivirus (once their toolbar has been installed):
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 2.5 or later
The following E-mail programs can also optionally be protected by the suite:
- Microsoft Outlook Express version 4, 5, 6
- Microsoft Outlook 97/98/2000/XP/2003
- Netscape Mail version 4, 6, 7
- Eudora Light version 3, Eudora Pro version 4, Eudora 5, Eudora 6.0, Eudora 6.0J
- Pegasus 3
- IncrediMail XE
- Becky! Internet Mail 1.x, 2.0
- AL-Mail32 1.11
- Datula 1.x
- PostPet 2.1, 2.06, 3.0
The suite also supports many of today’s instant messenger programs. These programs are as follows:
- AOL Instant Messenger, version 4.7 through 5.9. Version 6.0 is not supported.
- Yahoo! Messenger, version 5.0 or later
- Windows Messenger, versions 4.7 or later
- MSN Instant Messenger, versions 4.6, 4.7, 6.0 or later. Version 5.0 is not supported.
I used this antivirus software in the past and found it to be more of a bloat-ware style program rather than an antivirus suite. Although, this may have just been my experience; whether or not it has been a rather irritating antivirus software for everybody or not I am unsure. I would not recommend using this antivirus program at all especially after witnessing firsthand the amount of undetected threats, false positives and extreme impact on the overall system performance of the computer system. However, if you would like to view the deals on their software then the link to their products page is below:
Be sure to get your antivirus software installed and activated as soon as possible in order to protect you, your family and your computer from one of many internet intruders or malicious hackers. Enjoy your newfound antivirus protection knowledge.